Ok - The week is over. Tommy did great and I did not need an oxygen tank. Good things.
Not one tear was shed by Tommy. He is a mature, happy boy with lots of common sense and intuitiveness. He knew that school is what he had to do, so he did it. Just like the middle of the night bg tests where he sticks out his index finger while he is asleep. He just knows that he has to.
I did not cry either. Not sure why. Maybe it will come this weekend . ( my poor husband!)
Maybe I was too numb? Or maybe b/c I saw him each day at lunch? And saw the nurse use the pump correctly? Or maybe b/c I have been volunteering in the school's media center a little each day? ( great to have friends who work at the school and know my neuroses. )
We had a few problems. One major mishap occurred on Tuesday.
While at the dinner table, ( a very powerful tool!) Tommy told us that he didn't;t get a 'skittle' b/c his teacher said he was ' allergic.'
I just about lost it.
He said that she was giving out skittles for good listening and when she got to him, she just gave him a sticker.
Oh man, my Irish NY temper rose like a bat out of hell.
Then he said, "Mama, ( that's what he calls me, and I love it) I'm not allergic. It was b/c of my diabetes, right?"
*big sigh* He just turned 5 in June, and he already knows that his life in unfair and unjust.
Now, I know these teachers, and they are very good and loving. I am happy with his school. So, I calmly wrote a note about ' not making Tommy feel excluded.." blah, blah, blah and "If I had known there was going to be food in the suites I would have told you that he can have ONE ( wanted to say an expletive here) skittle without needing a trip to the nurse.
I told Tommy that his teachers are still learning about him and his care, and that I would talk to them in the morning. I then gave him three skittles, - all red b/c I told him they stood for
I.Love.You.
The next day, I found out that it was another teacher in the suite ( there are 6 in all) that was reading them a story and she knew about Tommy's d., but not about extra food. In fact, she called me before Tommy even turned in the note, so.... it was OK in the end.
(thanks to my friends on the CWD site that night - love you guys!)
and in his lunch box the next day - You guessed it? Three more skittles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Heh - I know I get that reaction too of ready to rip someone a new one (re the skittles issue) - I have to make sure and calm down before I actually face the person or write the letter - LOL!
We're doing fine. I will have to send you an email to follow-up - I'm not used to blogs ;-)
Hey, I just saw your comments on My Beloved Monster and clicked over here. Nice to "meet" you.
I have an 11 year-old daughter with diabetes - she's had it for 9 years. I've gone thru that same school crap, too. It's so, so, so frustrating!
Anyway. Just thought I'd say hi. (Ha! I almost typed high. Oy.)
Thanks for your comments over at my blog. I can't wait to read more about you and Tommy.
I'll be adding you to my blogroll today. :)
Being that you are a former teacher, I can't help but ask,"Do you have a 504 Plan for your son?"
The fact that I am a former teacher should have nothing to do with getting a 504. All parents of school aged children with diabetes should be aware of the 504 plan.
Why do you ask? Is it b/c I am venting about my fears of Tom in school? Having a 504 does not ease those fears, just makes someone more accountable for mistakes.
I have been very thorough for Tommy's placement in the school system.
Tommy's plan for school is in place - thanks for asking.
Hello all Nice forum mysontommy.blogspot.com! Thank you!
hydrocodone
http://www11.asphost4free.com/tramadolrx/Tramadol.html tramadol tramadol
Hello!
Nice site in web www.blogger.com.
Buy cheapest generic levitra online
http://glevitra.forumup.us generic levitra [url=http://glevitra.forumup.us]generic levitra[/url] http://anne.messageboard.nl/24841 incest porn [url=http://anne.messageboard.nl/24841]incest porn[/url] http://incest-mature-stories.com/2007/03/06/my-sexy-daughter-picture-porn-gallery/ [url=http://anne.messageboard.nl/24841]incest porn[/url]
Hi!
Thanks for good information. I add www.blogger.com to favorites!
Buy meridia pills
Buy propecia http://site.voila.fr/usmeds/buy_propecia.html buy propecia [url=http://site.voila.fr/usmeds/buy_propecia.html]buy propecia[/url] http://interracial-porn.ar.vg/ interracial porn [url=http://interracial-porn.ar.vg/]interracial porn[/url] Buy maridia http://site.voila.fr/usmeds/buy_meridia.html buy meridia [url=http://site.voila.fr/usmeds/buy_meridia.html]buy meridia[/url] http://site.voila.fr/usmeds/propecia.html propecia [url=http://site.voila.fr/usmeds/propecia.html]propecia[/url] hydrocodone http://site.voila.fr/usmeds/hydrocodone.html hydrocodone [url=http://site.voila.fr/usmeds/hydrocodone.html]hydrocodone[/url] http://site.voila.fr/usmeds/hydrocodone.html hydrocodone [url=http://site.voila.fr/usmeds
/hydrocodone.html]hydrocodone[/url]
[url=http://no-free-sex-video-download.blogspot.com/]Hot Christmas Angel Taking On A Massive Black Cock[/url]
[url=http://first-sex.futureblog.org/]An Asian Amateur Shows Off Her Cock Sucking Skills Here[/url]
[url=http://young-sex.futureblog.org/]Cute Amateur Mature Stripping[/url]
[url=http://best-sex.futureblog.org/]Adorable Lady Gets Her Wet Hungry Cunt Dicked[/url]
[url=http://new-porn.futureblog.org/]French Katsumi Demands Hard Anal Fucking By American Stud[/url]
[url=http://ju-free-porn-video-download.blogspot.com/]Hot Asian Pornstar Avena Lee Double Analsex And Face Cumshot[/url]
[url=http://lu-porn-video-download.blogspot.com/]Hardcore Pornstar Anal Humping Action With Samantha Stylle[/url]
[url=http://li-adult-video-download.blogspot.com/2007/03/free-adult-video-trailer.html]free adult video trailer[/url]
[url=http://do-hot-video-download.blogspot.com/2007/03/free-hot-web-cam-video.html]free hot web cam video[/url]
[url=http://young-porn.futureblog.org]young porn[/url]
[url=http://li-adult-video-download.blogspot.com/2007/03/adult-video-search-engine.html]adult video search engine[/url]
[url=http://no-free-sex-video-download.blogspot.com/2007/03/free-anal-sex-video.html]free anal sex video[/url]
[url=http://ze-sex-video-download.blogspot.com/2007/03/free-sex-video.html]free sex video[/url]
[url=http://ni-gay-video-download.blogspot.com/2007/03/free-gay-sex-video.html]free gay sex video[/url]
[url=http://hu-spring-break-girl-video-download.blogspot.com/]Two Gorgeous Brunette Chicks Fucking Hard In Group Action[/url]
[url=http://ko-paris-hilton-sex-video-download.blogspot.com/]All American Fourth Of July Banging[/url]
[url=http://hu-spring-break-girl-video-download.blogspot.com/]A Real Hot Amateur Couple Is Fucking On Cameria[/url]
[url=http://ge-free-lesbian-video-download.blogspot.com/]A Slender Asian Amateur Girl Is Getting Fucked[/url]
[url=http://adult-sites-review.beaffaired.com/]Goegeous Asian Teen Babe Loves Strip Teasing While Posing[/url]
[url=http://teen-porn-stars.beaffaired.com/]Adorable Cute Blonde Teen Gets Nailed By Big Dick[/url]
[url=http://ne-sexy-video-clip-download.blogspot.com/]All American Girl Gets Her Face Splattered With Goo[/url]
[url=http://adult-sites-review.beaffaired.com/pigxxx.com.html]pigxxx.com[/url]
[url=http://adult-sites-review.beaffaired.com/juicygals.com.html]juicygals.com[/url]
[url=http://adult-sites-review.beaffaired.com/thongbattle.com.html]thongbattle.com[/url]
[url=http://fe-video-de-sexo-download.blogspot.com/2007/03/video-de-sexo-explicito.html]video de sexo explicito[/url]
[url=http://ge-free-lesbian-video-download.blogspot.com/2007/03/asian-daily-free-lesbian-video.html]asian daily free lesbian video[/url]
[url=http://co-video-de-sexo-gratis-download.blogspot.com/2007/03/clip-de-gratis-sexo-video.html]clip de gratis sexo video[/url]
[url=http://ko-paris-hilton-sex-video-download.blogspot.com/2007/03/paris-hilton-sex-video-picture.html]paris hilton sex video picture[/url]
[url=http://nobullhardcore-com-rehos.blogspot.com/]Amateur Toying Her Ass Hard[/url]
[url=http://babeshunter-com-zeqox.blogspot.com/]Daddy said it was ok to tease[/url]
[url=http://hornybanana-com-fipis.blogspot.com/]Plastic skirt[/url]
[url=http://sexnemo-com-joxud.blogspot.com/]Blonde Adorable Cheerleader Sucks Big Cock And Gets Banged Hard[/url]
[url=http://fantasticnudes-com-cijox.blogspot.com/]All American Amateur Babes Spreading Wide And Showing Off[/url]
[url=http://doubledrilled-com-woxof.blogspot.com/]Pussy Licking Lesbian Action Abounds In These Pics[/url]
[url=http://lezbomovies-com-duvuv.blogspot.com/]Eva Angelina Work A Black Meat[/url]
[url=http://bravoteens-com-tugut.blogspot.com/]bravoteens.com[/url]
[url=http://paradisenudes-com-zogeg.blogspot.com/]paradisenudes.com[/url]
[url=http://hairypinktacos-com-xizof.blogspot.com/]hairypinktacos[/url]
[url=http://bigcockteenaddiction-com-tuziv.blogspot.com/]bigcockteenaddiction[/url]
[url=http://bulldoglist-com-pipit.blogspot.com/]bulldoglist[/url]
[url=http://wowtgp-com-gigid.blogspot.com/]wowtgp[/url]
[url=http://hornykaren-com-telid.blogspot.com/]hornykaren.com[/url]
[url=http://spermshack-com-duhol.blogspot.com/]spermshack.com[/url]
[url=http://jennysbookmarks-com-gurij.blogspot.com/]jennysbookmarks[/url]
[url=http://bondagepaper-com-huviw.blogspot.com/]bondagepaper.com[/url]
[url=http://yourlust-com-neluj.blogspot.com/]yourlust[/url]
[url=http://stocking-tease-com-nutet.blogspot.com/]stocking-tease.com[/url]
[url=http://dirtyrhino-com-zuweh.blogspot.com/]dirtyrhino.com[/url]
[url=http://shavedgoat-com-nehew.blogspot.com/]shavedgoat[/url]
[url=http://action36-com-xegeg.blogspot.com/]action36.com[/url]
[url=http://youngpervs-com-wevoq.blogspot.com/]youngpervs[/url]
[url=http://young-porn-net-lohes.blogspot.com/]young-porn[/url]
[url=http://topcelebs-com-pijud.blogspot.com/]topcelebs[/url]
[url=http://xxlmovies-com-hohiq.blogspot.com/]xxlmovies[/url]
[url=http://onlymovies-com-wezox.blogspot.com/]onlymovies[/url]
[url=http://sub-fantasticnudes-com.blogspot.com/]Teen gets lost in the woods[/url]
[url=http://rog-bondagepaper-com.blogspot.com/]Ugly Amateur Slut Fucked Really Hard[/url]
[url=http://rog-bondagepaper-com.blogspot.com/]American Natural Huge Tits Brunette[/url]
[url=http://lew-doctorbootygood-com.blogspot.com/]Adorable Latina Mom Sucking And Fucking Her Sons Friend[/url]
[url=http://zis-badgirlsblog-com.blogspot.com/]Eve Angel Birthday Sweetheart Plays With Balloons[/url]
[url=http://kig-dansmovies-com.blogspot.com/]Two Horny Lesbians Action In Bedroom[/url]
[url=http://cew-babesglamour-com.blogspot.com/]Adorable Anime Sweeties Having Their Pussys Pumped[/url]
[url=http://kur-bdsmvideos-net.blogspot.com/]Cute Asian Babe Blowjob And Penetration[/url]
[url=http://xih-captainstabbin-com.blogspot.com/]Cute American Young Teen Hottie Taking On Two Huge Cocks[/url]
[url=http://siq-allebonygals-com.blogspot.com/]Hot Asian Kaylani Lei Pussy Licked And Nail For Face Cumshot[/url]
[url=http://fog-black-booty-movies-com.blogspot.com/]black-booty-movies.com[/url] [url=http://foc-fuckk-com.blogspot.com/]fuckk.com[/url] [url=http://peh-adultbuffet-com.blogspot.com/]adultbuffet.com[/url] [url=http://pip-toons-fuck-com.blogspot.com/]toons-fuck[/url] [url=http://xuf-catlist-com.blogspot.com/]catlist.com[/url] [url=http://kuh-fathut-com.blogspot.com/]fathut.com[/url] [url=http://web-fat-tgp-com.blogspot.com/]fat-tgp.com[/url] [url=http://big-fucksakes-com.blogspot.com/]fucksakes[/url] [url=http://woc-amateurcurves-com.blogspot.com/]amateurcurves[/url] [url=http://fid-bustypassion-co
m.blogspot.com/]bustypassion[/url] [url=http://zod-123clips-com.blogspot.com/]123clips[/url] [url=http://lew-doctorbootygood-com.blogspot.com/]doctorbootygood.com[/url] [url=http://tiq-akissbetweenthelegs-com.blogspot.com/]akissbetweenthelegs.com[/url] [url=http://fiw-drbizzaro-com.blogspot.com/]drbizzaro[/url] [url=http://huw-darlina-com.blogspot.com/]darlina[/url] [url=http://kig-dansmovies-com.blogspot.com/]dansmovies[/url] [url=http://peh-adultbuffet-com.blogspot.com/]adultbuffet[/url] [url=http://huf-doubledrilled-com.blogspot.com/]doubledrilled[/url] [url=http://gog-babes4free-com.blogspot.com/]babes4free[/url] [url=http://kik-booble-com.blogspot.com/]booble.com[/url]
Post a Comment