Sunday, September 03, 2006

6 am

No delivery, it said at the 3 am check -

392 bg, shot of novolog as I wait for the emla cream to do its magic -

he wet the bed for the first time - ever -

Feeling really down -

First day of school was as hard as I believed it to be -

at 2 pm school check, tom was 270 - bolus wizard used, - dropped him to 60 at 3:40 pm check -

couldn't walk down the path to me as I waited ...

saw the other kids but not tom nor his brother....

cell phone rang and to the nurse's office I went - wonder how many times I will be there this year? in the course of 5 years?

Skittles given along with hugs and smiles as I became an Emmy winning actress as I beamed a "hi tommy"

Walked home and talked about the day...

Call given to endo for adjustment on pump...

Welcome to school...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that your son was on the pump at age 5. Here in Ottawa, Canada, they want to wait until the child is about 8 or 9 years old.

Does he prick his own finger?

My son Josh is 8 (as you know) and has had Diabetes since he was 2 years old (and 3 months!).

He doesn't want to prick his own finger at all.

So I tend to go to his school to check his blood sugar levels at lunchtime.

Until this year, because his 3 sisters start kindergarten in about 2 weeks. I won't have the time to go before lunch, but I'm thinking of going after lunch.

I didn't realize your son has all day kinderg. At my kids' school, they only go half days in kindergarten, ages 4-5. Grade 1 (6 years old) they start school all day.

I can totally understand how you're feeling right now!

Josh only gets a needle at breakfast (insulin), then at supper time, and then again at bedtime. Maybe that's easier? I don't know.

Josh is only starting to realize his lows right now at age 8!!!! Still doesn't have it down.

Love the blog.

Anonymous said...

Ooops, last message was from Vicki.